The Year of The Hangman Book Blog

Join an 8th grade American History class in Liberty, Missouri as they read the historical novel "The Year of the Hangman" and ask what would have happened if the Patriots would have lost the American Revolutionary War....

Monday, March 13, 2006

Week 2 - Question #4

In this portion of the book you have been introduced to Ben Franklin. Ben Franklin was truly one of the most important men in colonial America. The amount of inventions and ideas directly associated with this man is incredible. Check out more about Ben Franklin using this link on the Wikipedia and then post a comment describing at least one way that your life today is directly impacted by one of his ideas.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My life was directly impacted by Ben Franklin's discovery of electricity. If he hadn't discovered it we wouldn't have lights, or any other electronic device, such as TV, ipods, light bulbs, and cars(because they need a battery). So then if we never got to make an automobile we wouldn't have engines, then we would never have landed on the moon.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benjamin Franklin kept my house from being struck by lightning and have it run through my house by inventing the lightning rod. I use it so i don't have everything in my house get fryed by lightning.

Clayton B

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Benjamin Franklin's invention of bifocals is important because my dad uses bifocals. If Ben Franklin hadn't invented bifocals, my dad probably wouldn't be able to do certian things like drive, work or even see clearly.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think something that would have changed was if he had never made glasses. If he hadn't made glasses then not a lot of the other great inventors would have been able to see. I mean most of the inventors I see are wearing glasses if it hadn't been for Ben Franklin making Bifocal glasses a lot of people wouldn't have been able to see and the other great inventors would have never been able to make they're discoveries.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home